I used the following steps to do this:
1. Get an article Id from MSarticles table
2. run exec sp_browsereplcmds @article_id = 'article Id'
3. get the xact_seqno of the article that caused this issue
4. delete the transaction from MSrepl_transactions.
- delete from MSrepl_transactions where xact_seqno =
5. delete the replication commands from MSrepl_commands
- delete MSrepl_commands where xact_seqno =
6. rerun the distribution agent
7. fix the route cause
Note that there is only one entry in MSrepl_transactions while you may have more than one entries in MSrepl_commands.