- Default masking function provides full masking
depending on data type of a column. For instance.
- If the data type is integer , money, decimal it will display as zero
- If the data type is character it will replace an entire string with four X’s (XXXX)
- The second built in function is email. It exposes the first character of your email address, keeps @ character and replaces the domain name with XXXX and the leading. For instance if your email address is mry@mydomain.[com or .co.uk or .org or .net] will replace with firstname.lastname@example.org
- The third function is partial function. It will allow you to define how many numbers of the first characters/numbers and last characters/numbers you want to be displayed and choose the padding between the exposed characters/numbers.
Now let us see those feature in action
So, Looking at the output FirstName, salary, NI and age columns use partial function, phone column uses default function and email column uses email function to mask the data.